.

.

.

.
Contact Carol Allen, (416) 268-2965 or email queenofbeauty7@yahoo.ca for all of your personal skin care and make-up needs

.

.
"Satisfying cravings one taste at a time" - Call Chef Lee Allen at (647) 704-7979 for your personal meal plans and catering needs - Serving the Greater Toronto Area

Friday, June 26, 2009

The Thriller Is Gone--R.I.P. Michael Jackson - 1958-2009


It's hard to believe that the greatest entertainer to ever live is gone, and way too soon. Yes, it's true, Michael Jackson has left this earth just a couple of months shy of what would have been his 51st birthday. Words cannot explain how shocking and unexpected this is. It is a tremendous loss for the world, his family and his children. I am just glad that I can say that I was there when he came to Toronto for the Victory Tour back in 1984. It is probably one of the most profound moments of my life and a memory that I'll treasure forever. He will always be a music legend and his music will continue to live on. May he rest in peace.

More reaction to Michael's death:
a HUGE light has been put out but his music will carry on forever.
you always hear my kids singing ABC and I have a feeling their children will be singing a Jackson 5 & MJ song as well.

it would be a great feeling to leave a dent on this planet before you move on.
this Brother left a Crater.

Chris Nice
---------------------------------------------------------------
While Michael Jackson never really had a childhood he played a big
part in mine. Michael has been a part of my life from the beginning.
He was one of the first two albums I ever owned. I was two at the
time and I am not sure which came first, him or Sesame Street.

Some of my fondest memories of MJ involve my family; cousins, parents,
aunts and uncles partying during the holidays to his tunes. When my
Auntie Janet surprised me with the Thriller album and I was beyond
thrilled. I remember my Dad bringing back “Right On” magazines from
the States so that we could have posters. I also remember dragging my
Dad shopping for the perfect sequin socks.

My parents felt that my brother and myself were too young for concerts
but thankfully some of my Father’s co-workers “kidnapped” us for the
evening and took us to the show. It was one of the best nights of my
life.

My new motto is have fun, love hard and don’t sweat the small stuff.
Tomorrow is not promised.

Michael may you find peace and thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree 100% that he’ll be missed and he was such an influence for me too!
my first negotiation with my mum was to stay up late to watch Friday night
video so I could see beat it! I had to save up for 3 months to get his
t-shirt and I loved his thriller album more than life itself! I heard your
boogie song as part of last night scratch tribute at 7 pm and I was dancing
around like a crazy woman for an hour. Not good since I’ve got a brutal cold
so I was coughing like an old lady after!!

Julia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's probably no one in the world who has not heard about his death,
but I personally I will miss him. My favourite MJ moment was when I living
in Saudi Arabia and my mom was holding me in her arms while dancing to
"Blame it on the Boogie" at an expat party.I didn't know the title at the
time because I was still fairly young, but I remember how happy my mom was
and seeing my brother bopping around to the beat with other kids and adults.
Even though we lived in a Western compound, it was the early 80s, so a lot
of music/TV shows/literature was still in Arabic (unless you brought it over from your home country). I don't really know how this was possible because I
was young, but MJ was one of the few artists that we were able to listen to
in English and he really shaped my early childhood. If I wasn't pregnant, I
would totally go to a club tonite and dance away to his music as he was
truly one of the greatest entertainers of our time. I just wanted to share
and hope you will have a great Friday. Remember to live in the moment
because tomorrow is never promised.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I checked and yes it is a strange thing
Aliyah - 08/25/01
Left Eye - 04/25/02
James Brown - 12/25/06
MJ - 06/25/09

Jules
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe the year was 1975 the Jackson Five came to Jamaica. I was at high school at KTHS (Kingston Technical High School). Hyacinth and I (and maybe someone else not sure) went to the Sheraton Hotel in New Kingston to see them. I am not too sure (nothing was sure for me at that age) how we got in the hotel but we went to the poolside where they were and got autographs (Hyacinth can confirm if we did get autographs or just talk to them, we could have been millionaires today if we had kept the autographs from that era!) we went back to school ecstatic and happy telling everyone what we did.

Next day I got a detention for a Spanish test I failed and asked the teacher if I could skip the detention and do it the next day as I had to go to Spanish Town and pick up an important mail for my grandmother at the post office, she said yes and off I went to see the Jackson Five vs. Kingston College in a game of netball.

Low and behold the next day the teacher came into the classroom and asked “Sandra Cole did you pick up that mail for your grandmother?” I said “yes miss” she said “so what is your picture doing on the front page of the Daily News!” I had no answer for that and got three consecutive days detention.

With all said and done although Michael wasn’t my favorite artist he was an icon an amazing person and an inspiration to some people, he will be missed.

I was telling Andy last night that Elvis, John Lennon and Bob Marley all died at a young age, therefore Michael is in very good company singing and dancing for them, he will be missed here on earth by many, may his soul rest in perfect peace.

Life is way too short and tomorrow, as a matter of fact the next second is not guaranteed to us, so cherish and adore the people you love tell them you love them but most of all be good and true to you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Sandra C-M